This talk was done at the French University : ESME Sudria in front of 60 students. This university has a long background about the Energy and teach how to manage Nuclear activities. In order to make futur nuclear experts understand the needs to consider CyberSecurity threats, the University decide to organize this talk.
In order to understand quickly the main facts, we talked about :
- Why Nuclear Power Plants need to be protected
- What kind of protection is used today
- The first major attack with Stuxnet and the impact for Nuclear Providers
- The need of an hybrid approach with the Castle Model and the Airport Model
- Exotic cybersecurity technologies applied to Power Plants
I had many questions then how to work in this environment.